i am huge in japan

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Media Center Edition

I got Windows XP Media Center Edition installed on my pvr machine yesterday. It all went smoothly except I have somehow misplaced my motherboard cd and we had to hunt the net for my audio drivers. A couple of codecs installed later I was watching my stuff.

MCE is quite a simple interface but not too bad. I haven't tried the TV part yet because I can't get my TV Tuner to install. I had trouble in Windows 2000 last time because of a change to DirectX. It causes Windows to BSOD on installation of an important driver. So I have disabled it and will look at getting a proper MCE tuner.

I did install a weather program for it so I can check the forecast and satellite images. Unfortunately due to the screen resolution on the tv, the MCE title bar blocks the buttons to change cities so I can't enter more than one. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home