i am huge in japan

Friday, April 21, 2006

General happenings

1) Next week, I am going to order a new keyboard for my main home computer and a new optical mouse for the pvr

2) Next week, I am going to order a new Hauppauge tv tuner for the pvr.

3)I am also thinking of buying an RJ45 Ethernet joiner for the pvr so I can easily plug in a network cable and also have the back of the case in an awkward to reach location

4) I switched to using Gnome 2.12 at work. A couple of teething problems after being quite set up with KDE but I have resolved all isues.

5) Wine 0.9.12 was released which I gleefully installed at work. It said it had improved font support so I was hopefull. Unfortunately it seemed to be a regression for me so I reverted back to 0.9.11 and I'll try .13 when it's out.

6) I installed Opera 9 Beta RC1 at work because I had a hankering for widgets. Weather and Wikipedia widgets soon sprung up on my desktop. The next day the real Beta was released and turns out to be a build before RC1. But next week the weekly build will be patched to fix a regression they detected. Not long now hopefully until Opera 9 Final!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home