i am huge in japan

Monday, May 01, 2006

surprises and expected things

I arrived at work this morning to find my TV tuner and mouse package waiting on my desk. Yay.

Then I checked my email and got told my ISP plan was auto upgraded overnight and I now had a 1mbit connection (up from 512k) and a 5 GB data cap (up from 3 GB). This is good news so I went home at lunchtime to try it and all day since I have only been getting 4 to 15 kb/s downloads. 128k connection at best! boo.

Anyway the install of the tuner went well and I was soon using the remote to watch tv. It did crash out to the desktop ungracefully a few times when mucking around and even told me once that the tuner was already in use so I couldn't watch tv. Sigh. I upgraded the drivers though which I think helped. I seem to need a decoder codec to be installed. I thought it came with one though. Will have to look into that. Maybe reapply Rollup2 now that I am using MyTV.

The red mouse is cooler than I suspected. It lights up all red around the sides!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home