i am huge in japan

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Housekeeping

Today I did some long over due housekeeping on the increasingly inaccurately named PVR. These days it is more of a....media portal.

I did some maintenance on iTunes. Updated to 7.02, reindexed the library after all the files had changed to a different drive letter. Enabled network library sharing. The sharing worked great between PVR and Macbook. However Apple changed the protocol with version 7 and now third party programs can't read the shares until they reverse engineer it again. Bad news for the linux pc!

There was also a problem when inserting a DVD. Media Portal offered to play it but then Media Center popped up and took over. This is bad because these days whenever Media Center opens, it corrupts the display and I have to reboot. I told Windows to do nothing when a DVD movie is inserted and told Media Portal it could offer to play DVDs. Now that works great.

I also found a website with NZ TV exact frequencies. I entered into Media Portal the two that don't display properly for me. Alas there was little change. More of an aerial issue I suspect.

I'm still resisting another try of MythTV. There was an attempt made on the XP day after all but it went so wrong I don't want to talk about it :P, ok just a few bits. Wasted big download, kernel panic, power on issues, video out issues, monitor carrying and grub errors - I was beat before it all began.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home