i am huge in japan

Saturday, October 14, 2006

portable!



So I broke down and a laptop finally. After almost getting a cheap new Dell I opted for a nearly new Acer Aspire 3624. It has better compatibility with Ubuntu out of the box. I am writing this with it now via wireless of course. In a couple of weeks I will throw Edgy Eft on it.

Specs:
Celeron M 1.6 GHz
1.3 GB of RAM
40 GB HDD
14.1" widescreen
Cd writer.
Integrated ethernet
Atheros wireless.
2.3 Kg

I was hesitant of getting a Celeron but the huge amount of RAM in it makes it really snappy and perfect for what I want to use it for. I'm glad it's a true 14" widescreen too and not a 14" in a 15" casing. It was more than I wanted to pay for a second hand but less than for a new one. So a good compromise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home