i am huge in japan

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New project

I have begun a new project at work. Building linux thin client internet kiosks.

So far it is not going all that great.I am using the LTSP packages. The server DHCP has been telling the clients it doesn't have any ip addresses to give them despite being told about the clients explicitly. I think the trouble is I am trying to work within the greater network conditions. Being a full DHCP server would be heavily frowned upon so I'm trying hard to not upset anything.

Tomorrow I will try it in an isolated network environment with just a 5 port switch. That way I can have whatever settings I want to at least prove the concept - then port it back to the main network.

In home linux news, I am back in GNOME Compizing it up. Just to be different for once I am using the new gnome-main-menu that appears in SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10. I have found it to be a little inconsistant though - only sometimes showing all my 'favourites'.

1 Comments:

  • 5 port FTW! YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

    etc..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home