i am huge in japan

Friday, July 14, 2006

Macbook and Kubuntu

So the Macbook came and it is truly stunning. I want one for myself but I suspect that will just be a pipe dream. It boots in 20 seconds and had such a nice screen. Wireless is up and running. Bought a new white router to go with it

At the moment the dual booting has been delayed because I'm not sure it will be needed. OS X is being liked more than an anticipated. :)

The Ubuntu Powerbook has been reborn as a Kubuntu Powerbook. Ubuntu doesn't like to boot when there is no network connection. Frustrated I downloaded a Kubuntu iso to start fresh because I've been missing KDE a bit lately. It failed to boot the livecd successfully. I could force the desktop to load but the installer would crash.

Later in the night Ubuntu did decide to boot up ok. Provided with the new network details it was away with a sudu apt-get install kubuntu-desktop. An hour later and another half hour later for KDE 3.5.3 it's up and running. I am currently gutting out all the gnome stuff which will probably make it fall down dead. Hah ha..

2 Comments:

  • Everybody loves OS X, it's just a matter of trying it once. There's been some discussion about the screen. It's not too shiny for your/her liking?

    May the Macbook serve you for many happy years!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 am  

  • The screen is fine. I haven't noticed any annoying light glare.

    By Blogger I am huge in Japan, at 8:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home