i am huge in japan

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Starts with U ends in u.

Ubuntu went on the work pc today. Much the sameness except Opera icon worked fine and dependencies (though I installed a nightly Opera 9 build). I had to edit xorg.conf to make it use 1920x1200 on my monitor. I got XGL going somewhat. It's not as slick and featured as under SUSE but it's a start. I need to learn how to manually configure it.

I am pleased to report that Ubuntu supports hibernating with network support on my home pc. This is a good thing!

I also changed my home kernel today from 386 to k7 because I noticed it was only using one cpu and not two. (I have a dual core Athlon). But a simple 'sudo apt-get install kernel-k7' was all that was needed. Nice to have something not be a headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home