i am huge in japan

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

newness

Yesterday I ordered my new keyboard for home. It's a BenQ slim silver and black number which will match my case and mouse. It will be nice to escape my boring generic beige keyboard!

Ubuntu Linux releases 'Dapper Drake' on June 1st. I will definitely be updating the version on this laptop (Hoary Hedgehog). I unexpectedly have the urge to install it on a desktop too. Maybe at work or home. I love SUSE a lot but right now it's just not up to scratch so maybe it's about time I got my feet more dirty in a debian based system (I've never even used apt-get!). Setting up XGL and non-OSS stuff in SUSE is really easy but it's a bit more work in Ubuntu. I guess I will try the livecd to get a feel for how it will work out. It's a big step but that's what Linux is all about - choice and not being locked to one option!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home