i am huge in japan

Saturday, May 06, 2006

MINOTAUR

At 12pm yesterday Justin informed me that our 24" monitors and video cards had all arrived. I was hungry so we set his up and it looks nice. Then we went to my place to try some PVR stuff. It's going quite well now - timeshifting rocks. I even got a missing channel sorta tuned in.

At 1pm we arrived back at work and I started to install my monitor. This began 4.5 hours of hair tearing out boot failures, video card failures and multiple linux reinstalls due to a mangled file system (caused by said failures). Anyway after a bit of googling an alternative search string I got the solution and am now running it at a useable resolution and visually useable. Previously it was ultra zoomed and psychedelic.

It's not running at the optimum res of 1920x1200 at the moment because I haven't had the time to tweak but it's sitting at 1450xsomething. I'm just glad to have it running - it was looking quite bleak for a while

and the post title? Back in a previous job I was labelling about 50 boxes as 'MONITOR' and on one of them I accidently wrote MINOTAUR. It made me laugh and I hope the receiver noticed and laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home