i am huge in japan

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The switch is in motion

Today I got so fed up with the slowness of my wireless 'broadband' that I made the call to switch to cable internet. I'm getting the 2mbit/2mbit 10 GB plan for the same price I am paying for a "1mbit/128k" 5 GB plan. 1mbit really now meaning "about twice to three times as fast as dialup" not '20 times faster" as advertised.


Anyway the install is scheduled for the morning of June 12. Hopefully all goes to plan, stay tuned for my June 13th post of rage if it doesn't. Still tossing up whether to cancel my current service this month or not. The Mrs says no. It ends on June 14 so there is a chance I will be paying another month for no good reason or it will be a lifesaver if the cable install is delayed...


The Mrs is going away for some weeks on June 17th so she doesn't want to risk having no net on the days leading up to it. Fair enough really. I guess I can leave my spare "broadband" downloading big stuff to the pvr.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home