i am huge in japan

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Boot times

This afternoon I started to look at the time it took to boot SUSE 10.1

I looked into what services were starting on bootup and disabled some unnecessary ones. I then timed it before and after. I wanted to compare my work and home computer. So to make it fair I only timed between pushing enter on the grub bootloader screen and being presented with a login prompt.

Work PC: 60 seconds and I got it down to 55 seconds.

Home PC: 45 seconds and I got it down to 35 seconds.

Returning from suspending to disk I get a prompt after 25 seconds however I lose the connection to my router so that's useless.

On the software updating front, I see other people are encountering the same issues that I am. Looks like a fix is in the works, hope they push it out to people and don't just leave it to 10.2 to give it. *cough*faultyusbdrivesin10.0*cough*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home