i am huge in japan

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Final hours

My new keyboard came yesterday.
http://www.benq.com.au/HomeShowProduct.asp?ProdID=309
It's really nice to use but not as silent as the promo material makes out.

Waiting on Ubuntu to release sometime in the next day. I am getting keen to give it a try. SUSE has started to talk more openly about the severe bugs they released with and they say an update patch is very close to coming out. It could be a case of too little too late though?

I found the long standing 10.0 bug about copying to USB devices going really slow (like dialup speeds) is still there in 10.1 They knew about this bug before 10.0 came out and decided to just fix it in 10.1, but they didn't. Makes me really mad. This on top of the horrendous package management bug is why I am seriously looking at Ubuntu.

It will be more work to get set up though, but maybe it's about time I got my hands dirty again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home