i am huge in japan

Monday, June 12, 2006

Speed glorious speed

Cable internet was installed today. Technically it went fine but it took me a bit of head scratching to get our home network connected up to it. I eventually found the problem, a rookie mistake. Over the course of a few distro installs the last few days, our network domains were all different. Made those all the same and presto! fast net all around.

So far my downloads have peaked at 190k/s which is quite good. That was some downloads I started last night but cancelled when they were going a mere 5k/s on my old ISP.

In gaming news, I have a PS2 that I haven't played much lately. Yesterday I bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for it. It was half the price it usually is. Now I have something to keep my occupied over the coming weeks.

Brickbat to Ubuntu for freaking out on the Powerbook when booting up without network connectivity. Took a few reboots to get it barely usable to change the network config!

XGL under Ubuntu is still not going very well. It starts ok but then does weird behaviour like not accepting mouse clicks. I also can't change the settings for the life of me. Maximising and resizing windows is extremely wobbly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home