i am huge in japan

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gmail and Earth

Yesterday I got inspired to shift all my work email to Gmail. I found a nice program to do it.

It was a good excuse to cull my mail archives before uploading. In the end I only took up 4mb of my 2.7 GB of space.

I have my work mail forwarding to the gmail account which is authorised to reply to mails using my work address. Unless people really read headers no one should know any different.

Google also released Google Earth for Linux beta yesterday. I downloaded it and ran it on SUSE 10.1. It was extremely buggy and not showing the right parts of the world which was disappointing. Then I decided to turn XGL on (it was off) and sudddenly it all worked mostly fine. Don't understand that one. Good to see my city finally has good enough imagery to make out my house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home