i am huge in japan

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Compiz in KDE

So I got bored and installed XGL/Compiz under KDE. It works mostly well but since some versioning issues forced me to use compiz-gnome instead of compiz-kde it's a little bit iffy. I've had to manually change font size settings to stop things being wither very small or very big.

I'm glad to see Compiz configuration has gotten easier under Ubuntu but I still had to disable most of the features in the wobbly plugin because no settings I chose made it less wobbly.

Having some urgent notify issues in Gaim to work through but otherwise it's ok. I guess if I really wanted to I could move back to GNOME but we'll see.

Only a couple of months until the new Ubuntu comes out, Edgy Eft. I read that will come with AIGLX turned on by default (instead of XGL) which you can then run Compiz on top of. I'm curious to see how that works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home