i am huge in japan

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Kubuntu

So once again getting aggravated at the still broken SUSE 10.1 package/update management I decided to blow it away and put Kubuntu on instead. I started with Ubuntu and aptituded kubuntu-desktop on over top. I pre-changed my repositories to include KDE 3.5.3 to save downloading it separately. After applying some updates and whatnot, all the KDE settings disappeared. I had to manually reconfigure everything.

Two days later (after upgrading to KDE 3.5.3 and GNOME 2.14.2) I see the announcement that KDE 3.5.4 and GNOME 2.14.3 are out. Sigh. I haven't applied the updates yet but will shortly. I delayed the KDE because Kubuntu.org posted a warning saying the current build would keep kubuntu default settings from applying - the same error I had with 3.5.3 which makes me wonder if they are related.

GRUB to Login is currently 35 seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home