i am huge in japan

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Vista n Benchmarks

Yesterday I was able to install Windows Vista beta2.

It's a mix of nicer things and horrid redesign. They really seem to have changed things for the sake of changing things. It takes 5 or 6 clicks to do start-run!

I really hope they improve it dramatically for final release because right now I'd rather be using XP.

Speaking of XP, I was doing some benchmarking with it and Windows 2000 on a double dual-core 3.2GHz Dell with 4 GbBof RAM. 2000 and XP, Ubuntu and Knoppix can only see 3 GB of the memory. Vista could see all 4. The upshot is the pc is almost twice as fast under XP because 2K is not seeing all of the CPU. Silly old OS!


I was also at an expo and got a broken compass/stop watch from HP. Nice quality control guys. A prize draw I missed out on but the announcer kept saying there was 'three boobie' prizes. Haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home