i am huge in japan

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Edgy on desktop

So Edgy Eft has gone on my work pc and my home pc. Both installs have been without complications. Work needed the 1920x1200 resolution manually put in to xorg.conf but I was expecting that.

By default my home pc booted to login in 29 seconds. I got stuck in and busted that down to 20 seconds. I'm sure it will rise again when I install VMWare but it's a nice achievement all the same. I'll use what I've learnt to try and cut down the laptop boot time but there's not a lot I can do as part of speeding up the desktop was removing features the laptop uses.

I've had a look over guides for installing Beryl (a fork of Compiz) but I am not ready to take that jump yet. Soon my desktop ADD will kick in and I'll change things.

Now the 6 month wait for Feisty Fawn begins! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home