i am huge in japan

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Mac Mini

In September 2007 I blogged that I had my eye on a new Mac Mini but could not quite justify it. I finally justified it to myself and with the release of the revamped models, I bought one. I went for the low end model and installed upgrade parts myself. I bought 4 GB of RAM and a 320 GB 7200 rpm hard drive. Doing the RAM was easy but the hard drive was a bit more tricky. The guide I was following left out a couple of key steps.

But once up and running it was great. I've been very happy with it so far and have been busy importing my stuff in. I've liked playing with the face recognition in iPhoto. It's fun teaching it what people look like.

It's also nice being able to plug in my iPod Touch and manage it without having to open an XP virtual machine first.

After using the Mac Mini at work for so long it's a little strange having a totally different set of apps on my dock.

1 Comments:

  • On behalf of Mac users everywhere, allow me to welcome you to the real world! May you spend many a happy hour with your Mac Mini.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home