i am huge in japan

Thursday, December 28, 2006

New year changes

Downloaded an unexpected new version of Media Portal yesterday (v0.2.2.0). Something for people to play with over the Christmas break. It was a pain free upgrade and the subtley slicker interface is nice. There are some good back end features I have started to tinker with but am yet to perfect.

My main gift this year from the Mrs is a new LCD monitor. I get to choose it though. I'll be ordering it in the next couple of days as I see what sale prices unfold.

KDE was tempting me all week after a play with the Kubuntu live cd. Gave in to temptation yesterday and did some customising. Doesn't quite feel right though so came back to GNOME. Speaking of GNOME, I gave the Slab menu from SUSE a try again. I didn't like it as much as last time. Too cumbersome for my new way of working.

I think it's time to look for a new desktop wallpaper too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home