i am huge in japan

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cellphone modding

My Motorola E398 (MTV Hijacked version) has been a bit buggy lately. Sometimes the picture database seems to become corrupted and new pictures taken will not show up in it, only on the storage device.

As my phone is highly moddable, I decided to try flashing on a community built firmware package. After downloading the prerequisites I was ready to go.

I didn't have much to lose, but the only worry was the battery running out during the flashing process and leaving me with a brick I couldn't charge. For once, everything went right and I was soon enjoying the new interface. I haven't had a chance to explore extensively but it looks like things have changed for the better. I'm happy with the new skins too.

Time will tell if the bug has been resolved though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home